Virtual Court Checklist
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Revision as of 17:21, 28 September 2020 by Melchior (Created page with "Court Tech Support & Best Practices Preparation Review * When is court (Date & Time)? * When is the court ‘dry run’ (Date & Time) * Who/How many people will be on camer...")
Court Tech Support & Best Practices
- When is court (Date & Time)?
- When is the court ‘dry run’ (Date & Time)
- Who/How many people will be on camera?
- How long is court scheduled to run? (add 30 minutes for planning purposes)
- Have you used this specific pile of technology (camera, computer, microphone, etc) before?
- Have you done a camera test to ensure that you’re getting the picture quality that you want?
- Have you done a camera test to ensure that everyone will fit in frame or are you going to be shifting the focus (actively moving) the camera during court?
- Have you done a test recording to your scheduled court length to ensure that your memory card is big enough?
- Have you done a microphone test?
- Have you done a placement check to ensure that you have power, internet, etc where it will be needed to film court?
- Do you need batteries? Do you have enough batteries?
- Is your internet connection sufficient to stream? If not, and you are streaming, consider changing locations. (20M/20M is generally OK)
- How do you plan to transfer large files between people? Dropbox? Google Drive? Something else?
- Will court be live or prerecorded?
- If live, have you tested the internet connection?
- If live, have you tested the streaming platform?
- If live, are you planning to also record? (See comments regarding prerecorded courts)
- If live, are you planning to have remote parties digitally join the court (someone else joining in via a zoom call, for example)? Have you tested this?
- If prerecording, do you have an editor with the required software arranged?
- If prerecording, how do you plan to distribute the recording & when?
- Are you filming inside or outside?
- If filming inside, do you require additional lighting?
- If filming outside, is your microphone going to pick up unwanted ambient noise?
- If filming outside, do you have an indoor location in case of inclement weather?
- Did the pointy hats approve the video and audio quality of the test record? If not, adapt and overcome.
- How are you going to backup everything?