Patricia of Trakai
Patricia of Trakai. Photo credit Baron Bardulf Rauen
Gules, a comet fesswise reversed and on a chief Or three mullets vert. Device image courtesy of Rhieinwylydd verch Einion Llanaelhaearn, OP.
Lady Patricia of Trakai is a resident of the Barony of Storvik in the Kingdom of Atlantia. She arrived in the Known World toward the end of A.S. XXXVIII (mundanely early 2004). Her pronouns are she/her.
Lady Patricia is the widow of a minor noble associated with Trakai Castle, a major center of 15th-century Lithuania. However, she is interested in the broad sweep of Lithuanian history from the early days of the Baltic tribes to the formation of the Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth.
She often dresses in the manner of the people she visits within the Kingdom of Atlantia. You may find her wearing the clothes of a Viking, a generic early Celt, a High Middle Ages peasant, a 16th-century Ottoman woman, a Trossfrau, or a lady from the Italian peninsula.
Gules, a comet fesswise reversed and on a chief Or three mullets vert.
Name registered with the College of Arms in August 2005. Device registered with the College of Arms in January 2006.
In the near future, Lady Patricia plans to design one or two personal badges to mark her belongings.
Awards (Order of Precedence)
|Award Date||Award Name||Event||Bestowed By|
|8/15/2005||Award of Arms (Atlantia)||Pennsic War XXXIV (Æthelmearc)||Robert I and Denise I|
|1/20/2007||Companion of the Owl (Atlantia) (Storvik)||Storvik Baronial Investiture (Storvik)||Sean and Elizabeth|
|4/19/2008||Companion of the Lozulet (Atlantia) (Storvik)||Tournament of Chivalry (Storvik)||Rorik and Janina|
|7/12/2008||Companion of the Opal (Atlantia)||Storvik Novice and Unbelt Tourney: A Festival Of Birds (Storvik)||Sinclair I and Kari I|
|2/12/2011||Companion of the Coral Branch (Atlantia)||Bright Hills Birthday and Investiture (Bright Hills)||Bryan I and Brianna I|
|9/12/2015||Shield of Storvik (Atlantia) (Storvik)||Battle on the Bay (Lochmere)||Badouin and Griele|
|4/29/2017||Award of the Silver Nautilus (Atlantia)||Revenge of the Stitch IV (Spiaggia Levantina)||Cuan VII and Signy I|
|9/25/2021||Companion of the Golden Dolphin (Atlantia)||Battle on the Bay (Storvik)||Eckehard I and Jane I|
Other Achievements and Honors (non-OP)
- Masters of SCA Studies, University of Atlantia, June 2020
- Fellow of the University of Atlantia, March 2012
- Third place in the "American Hen (Turkey)" A&S competition, part of the House Corvus Decameron series, at Holiday Faire, November 2010
- Won first place, sekanjabin category, at Atlantian Fall Coronation, A.S. XLII (September 2007)
- Bachelor of the University of Atlantia, February 2007
- Novice A&S Champion, Storvik Novice & Unbelt Tourney, July 2006 (project: Viking wire knitting)
- Triton Staff member for heraldic education, Atlantian College of Heralds and Scribes, December 2020 - present (title: Sea Tyger Pursuivant)
- Baronial herald, Barony of Storvik, January 2008 - approximately 2016 (Storvik Cornet, January 2008 - December 2009; Storvik Pursuivant, December 2009 - December 2010; Drakkar Pursuivant, December 2010 - approximately 2016)
- Deputy chronicler, Barony of Storvik, February 2007 - sometime in the middle of the 2010s?
- Editor, Herald's Point (newsletter of the Atlantian College of Heralds), 2007-2013 (position carried the Atlantian College of Heralds title of Manticore Pursuivant)
- Deputy baronial herald, Barony of Storvik, January 2005 - January 2008
Events Serving as Autocrat/Steward
- Post-Pennsic Revel, Barony of Storvik, August 2006
- "Medieval Lithuania and the Baltic Lands" -- University of Atlantia, Session 104, June 2020
- "The SCA on a Budget" -- University of Atlantia, Session 103, February 2020
- "Sutartines: Ancient Polyphonic Songs of Lithuania" -- Known World Dance and Music Symposium XII, Kingdom of Atlantia, June 2017
- "Your First SCA War" -- University of Atlantia, Session 78, March 2011, and Session 106, February 2021
- "Smackdown of the Teutonic Knights: The 600th Anniversary of the Battle of Grunwald" -- Pennsic War XXXIX, August 2010
- "Survey of Medieval Lithuania" -- Pennsic War XXXIX, August 2010 (same handout as the following class)
- "Lithuania: The Biggest Medieval Country Of Which You May Never Have Heard" -- Pennsic War XXXVII, August 2008; University of Atlantia, Session 73, October 2008; Pennsic War XXXVIII, August 2009; Slavic University III, Kingdom of Aethelmearc, April 2010
Lady Patricia camps with Southwind at Pennsic and other major events.
Lady Patricia is not anyone's protege or apprentice at the moment; however, she welcomes inquiries from potential mentors in the areas of art or service. She was the heraldry student of Lord Pedro de Alcazar until his death, at a far too young age, in A.S. XLVIII.
Lady Patricia is a longtime member of Thrir Venstri Foetr (Three Left Feet), a Renaissance dance and music group consisting of both SCA members and non-members. She recently began singing with Laydes Fayre, an all-women's choral group, led by Mistress Arianna Morgan.