Patricia of Trakai
Patricia of Trakai. Photo credit Baron Bardulf Rauen
Gules, a comet fesswise reversed and on a chief Or three mullets vert. Device image courtesy of Rhieinwylydd verch Einion Llanaelhaearn, OP.
Lady Patricia of Trakai is a resident of the Barony of Storvik in the Kingdom of Atlantia. She arrived in the Known World toward the end of A.S. XXXVIII (mundanely early 2004). Her pronouns are she/her.
Lady Patricia is the widow of a minor noble associated with Trakai Castle, a major center of 15th-century Lithuania. However, she is interested in the broad sweep of Lithuanian history from the early days of the Baltic tribes to the formation of the Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth.
She often dresses in the manner of the people she visits within the Kingdom of Atlantia. You may find her wearing the clothes of a Viking, a generic early Celt, a High Middle Ages peasant, a 16th-century Ottoman woman, a Trossfrau, or a lady from the Italian peninsula.
Gules, a comet fesswise reversed and on a chief Or three mullets vert.
Name registered with the College of Arms in August 2005. Device registered with the College of Arms in January 2006.
Awards (Order of Precedence)
|Award Date||Award Name||Event||Bestowed By|
|8/15/2005||Award of Arms (Atlantia)||Pennsic War XXXIV (Æthelmearc)||Robert I and Denise I|
|1/20/2007||Companion of the Owl (Atlantia) (Storvik)||Storvik Baronial Investiture (Storvik)||Sean and Elizabeth|
|4/19/2008||Companion of the Lozulet (Atlantia) (Storvik)||Tournament of Chivalry (Storvik)||Rorik and Janina|
|7/12/2008||Companion of the Opal (Atlantia)||Storvik Novice and Unbelt Tourney: A Festival Of Birds (Storvik)||Sinclair I and Kari I|
|2/12/2011||Companion of the Coral Branch (Atlantia)||Bright Hills Birthday and Investiture (Bright Hills)||Bryan I and Brianna I|
|9/12/2015||Shield of Storvik (Atlantia) (Storvik)||Battle on the Bay (Lochmere)||Badouin and Griele|
|4/29/2017||Award of the Silver Nautilus (Atlantia)||Revenge of the Stitch IV (Spiaggia Levantina)||Cuan VII and Signy I|
Other Achievements and Honors (non-OP)
- Masters of SCA Studies, University of Atlantia, June 2020
- Fellow of the University of Atlantia, March 2012
- Third place in the "American Hen (Turkey)" A&S competition, part of the House Corvus Decameron series, at Holiday Faire, November 2010
- Won first place, sekanjabin category, at Atlantian Fall Coronation, A.S. XLII (September 2007)
- Bachelor of the University of Atlantia, February 2007
- Novice A&S Champion, Storvik Novice & Unbelt Tourney, July 2006 (project: Viking wire knitting)
- Triton Staff member for heraldic education, Atlantian College of Heralds and Scribes, December 2020 - present (title: Sea Tyger Pursuivant)
- Baronial herald, Barony of Storvik, January 2008 - approximately 2016 (Storvik Cornet, January 2008 - December 2009; Storvik Pursuivant, December 2009 - December 2010; Drakkar Pursuivant, December 2010 - approximately 2016)
- Deputy chronicler, Barony of Storvik, February 2007 - sometime in the middle of the 2010s?
- Editor, Herald's Point (newsletter of the Atlantian College of Heralds), 2007-2013 (position carried the Atlantian College of Heralds title of Manticore Pursuivant)
- Deputy baronial herald, Barony of Storvik, January 2005 - January 2008
Events Serving as Autocrat/Steward
- Post-Pennsic Revel, Barony of Storvik, August 2006
- "Medieval Lithuania and the Baltic Lands" -- University of Atlantia, Session 104, June 2020
- "The SCA on a Budget" -- University of Atlantia, Session 103, February 2020
- "Sutartines: Ancient Polyphonic Songs of Lithuania" -- Known World Dance and Music Symposium XII, Kingdom of Atlantia, June 2017
- "Your First SCA War" -- University of Atlantia, Session 78, March 2011, and Session 106, February 2021
- "Smackdown of the Teutonic Knights: The 600th Anniversary of the Battle of Grunwald" -- Pennsic War XXXIX, August 2010
- "Survey of Medieval Lithuania" -- Pennsic War XXXIX, August 2010 (same handout as the following class)
- "Lithuania: The Biggest Medieval Country Of Which You May Never Have Heard" -- Pennsic War XXXVII, August 2008; University of Atlantia, Session 73, October 2008; Pennsic War XXXVIII, August 2009; Slavic University III, Kingdom of Aethelmearc, April 2010
Lady Patricia camps with Southwind at Pennsic and other major events.
Lady Patricia is not anyone's protege or apprentice at the moment; however, she welcomes inquiries from potential mentors in the areas of art or service. She was the heraldry student of Lord Pedro de Alcazar until his death, at a far too young age, in A.S. XLVIII.
Lady Patricia is a longtime member of Thrir Venstri Foetr (Three Left Feet), a Renaissance dance and music group consisting of both SCA members and non-members. She recently began singing with Laydes Fayre, an all-women's choral group, led by Mistress Arianna Morgan.