Johanna le Paumer
Johanna le Paumer. Photo credit to Tannis Baldwin
Argent, on a chevron between three hawks rising azure three fleurs-de-lys palewise argent.
Johanna le Paumer joined the Kingdom of Atlantia in 2012 as a member of the Barony of Ponte Alto.
As an undergraduate, she studied medieval art and architecture. she became fascinated by the illuminated manuscripts created by monks and nuns and, later on, by secular scribes. Now, as a scribe in Atlantia, she create works inspired by the medieval originals.
Johanna is an early 14th century English scribe.
Projects & Publications
- Calligraphy & illumination: https://ebonhart.wixsite.com/scriptorium/calligraphy-illumination
- The Palmer Hours: Reproducing a 14th century book of hours: https://ebonhart.wixsite.com/scriptorium/palmer-hours
- The Palmer Hours: Documentation: https://ebonhart.wixsite.com/scriptorium/research-documentation
- Calligraphy & Illumination Class Handouts: https://ebonhart.wixsite.com/scriptorium/class-handouts
- Argent, on a chevron between three hawks rising azure three fleurs-de-lys palewise argent.
- (Fieldless) A hart lodged sable, attired and charged on the shoulder with a fleur-de-lys Or.
- (Fieldless) A fleur-de-lys Or winged azure.
Offices & Positions
|Herald||Barony of Ponte Alto||2019|
|Deputy Herald||Barony of Ponte Alto||2017 - 2019|
|Scrivener Royal||Kingdom of Atlantia||2014|
Awards and Achievements
- Award of Arms (Atlantia) 11/2/2013
- Onore del Ponte d'Argento (Ponte Alto) 2/15/2014
- Augmentation of Arms (Atlantia) 10/4/2014
- Award of the Undine (Atlantia) 10/4/2014
- King's Award of Excellence (Atlantia) 10/4/2014
- Companion of the Coral Branch (Atlantia) 10/4/2014
- Onore del Ponte d'Oro (Ponte Alto) 10/25/2014
- Award of the Fountain (Atlantia) 10/10/2015
- Companion of the Garland (Ponte Alto) 10/13/2018
- Companion of the Pearl (Atlantia) 2/16/2019
- Award of the Silver Nautilus (Atlantia) 3/2/2019