Ela performing at Twelfth Night 2020. Photo by Kaaren Valravn.
Ela is a bard, a translator, and a general sheep enthusiast. She is often known as alias Ela. Read more on her website here.
Ela is most often a 6th-to-7th-century Northumbrian Angle named Ealawynn Mæru. On occasions when she is not, she is a 14th-to-15th-century Franco-Scot named Elenor de La Rochelle alias Ela.
Offices & Positions
- Poeta Atlantiae (2021)
- MoAS: Shire of Roxbury Mill (2017-2020)
- King's Bard (2019-2020)
- Onbaşı (Corporal) of the Osmanlı Mehter Takımı (Janissary Band) (2019)
Projects & Publications
Ela's past and current projects are posted to her website here.
She will happily translate things into Old English for you.
Vert, a horse passant contourny Or between three lozenges argent
Old English motto: an arþing all
French motto: Je lis et j'éscris (she needs to translate this into Middle French)
- Companion of the Coral Branch, 2018 (Dietrich II and Una I)
- Award of the Silver Nautilus, 2019 (Christoph II and Adelhait II)
- Companion of the Opal, 2019 (Christoph II and Adelhait II)
- Narwhal Augmentation of Arms, 2021 (Anton V & Luned IV)
- Companion of the Pearl (Anton V & Luned IV)
Households and Affiliations
- Teach Folcadáin Bó Caitlin
- Apprenticed to Lanea inghean Uí Chiaragáin
- Proud member of the Shire of Roxbury Mill
Important to Know
- Ela uses she/her pronouns, but she doesn't mind they/them.
- Ela has no known allergies.
- Ela uses a rescue inhaler, which she carries on her person at all events.
- Ela is always happy to have photos taken of her; however, please run any recordings of performances by her and obtain permission before posting publicly.
- Ela is usually present for court; if she is not, Lady Kolfinna Valravn, Lady Lucy of Wigan, and Ollam Lanea can be trusted to conspire on the matter.