Ela performing at Twelfth Night 2020. Photo by Kaaren Valravn.
Ela is a bard, a translator, and a general sheep enthusiast. She is often known as alias Ela. Read more on her website here.
Ela is most often a 6th-to-7th-century Northumbrian Angle. One occasions when she is not, she is a 14th-to-15th-century Franco-Scot or a 16th-century Ottoman.
Offices & Positions
- MoAS: Shire of Roxbury Mill
- Current King's Bard
- Onbaşı (Corporal) of the Osmanlı Mehter Takımı (Janissary Band)
Projects & Publications
Ela's past and current projects are posted to her website here.
She will happily translate things into Old English for you.
Vert, a horse passant contourny Or between three lozenges argent
Old English motto: an arþing all
French motto: Je lis et j'éscris (I need to translate this into Middle French)
- Companion of the Coral Branch, 2018 (Dietrich II and Una I)
- Award of the Silver Nautilus, 2019 (Christoph II and Adelhait II)
- Companion of the Opal, 2019 (Christoph II and Adelhait II)