Costança started in the SCA in the Barony of Black Diamond in 2000. In 2006, she moved to the Barony of Flaming Gryphon in Midrealm, where she resided for 12 years. She moved back to Atlantia in 2018, and now resides in the Shire of Isenfir.
Costança has been actively involved in the rapier community for the majority of her SCA career. She has been baronial rapier champion for the baronies of Black Diamond, Fenix and Flaming Gryphon, and was the active rapier marshal for over a year for the Barony of Fenix despite not living there. For her last two years in Midrealm, she was the South Oaken Regional Rapier Marshal.
In 2015, she became an operative (non-scarf student) to then-Warder Darius Lowen. This student-teacher relationship has continued to the present day. At Pennsic XLV (2016), Darius was elevated to the Order of Defense. At Pennsic War XLVI (2017), Costança was recognized as a Warder (Companion of the Order of the Bronze Ring). In 2018, Costança became Master Darius’s official dependent or agent.
Late 16th century Portuguese
Costança is an agent of Master Darius Lowen, OD Midrealm, and wears a grey collar to signify this relationship. The grey scarf and collar is a tradition of our extended household, which spiderwebs from Master Colin MacNish's students and dependents and spans Midrealm, East Kingdom, and now Atlantia.
Offices & Positions
- South Oaken Regional Rapier Marshal, Middle Kingdom - Apr 2016 - Apr 2018
- Rapier Marshal of the Field, Middle Kingdom - Sep 2007 - Apr 2018
- Exchequer, Marche of Havenholde, Middle Kingdom - 2007 - 2008
- Exchequer, Barony of Black Diamond, Atlantia - 2004 - 2006
- Rapier Marshal-at-Large, Atlantia - 2002 - 2006
Other Notable Positions
- Shieldmaiden (Queens Guard) for HRM Katherine Vivian, Midrealm - May - Sep 2018
- Baronial Rapier Champion and Rapier Warlord, Barony of Flaming Gryphon, Midrealm - Apr 2017 - Apr 2018
- Baronial Rapier Champion, Barony of Fenix, Midrealm - 2015
- Baronial Rapier Champion, Barony of Black Diamond, Atlantia - pre-2006
Projects & Publications
The Economical Spanish Tailor: 16th Century Spanish Womens Clothing - Feb 2015, Winged Hills Collegium, Midrealm
Spiffy Projects I need to publish documentation for
- Order of Defense cloak, Master Darius Lowen
- Order of the Pelican cloak, Mistress Juliana Greene
- Spanish ropa (loose gown)
Awards and Achievements
- Royal Augmentation of Arms, 29 Sep 2018
- Order of the Evergreen, 20 Jan 2018
- Company of the Bronze Ring, 06 Aug 2017
- Order of the Cavendish Knot, 06 Aug 2015
- Order of the Willow, 12 Jul 2008
East Kingdom Awards
- Order of the Golden Rapier, 06 Aug 2017 (yes, the same date as the Bronze Ring. Don Brendan Firebow received both awards as well)