Canton of Ritterwald
Greetings and Welcome to the Canton of Ritterwald
You can discover adventures today through the exploration of history before 1700s! Join us as we actively re-create the best parts of the Middle Ages with armored combat, fencing, archery, clothing, woodworking, embroidery, fabric painting, and more!
Officially, the Canton's territory covers the counties of Aiken, Allendale, Barnwell, and Edgefield in South Carolina. We welcome everyone throughout the region who is interested in our activities.
- Our Canton is part of the Barony of Nottinghill Coill (http://nottinghillcoill.atlantia.sca.org/) The fourth Barony in the Kingdom of Atlantia, Nottinghill Coill stretches from tip to toe of the western portion of South Carolina. The Barony, through the network of her Cantons, offers regional workshops and events.
- We stand strong under the banner of the Kingdom of Atlantia (http://https://atlantia.sca.org//) Our Kingdom extends from Maryland, through D.C., Virginia, North Carolina and South Carolina to include the best bit of Georgia.
- We band together through the Society for Creative Anachronism (https://www.sca.org/), an inclusive global community pursuing research and re-creation of pre-seventeenth century skills, arts, combat, and culture. The lives of participants are enriched as we gain knowledge of history through activities, demonstrations, and events.
Come visit us! Our Members include--
- Lord James Cooper, Seneschal
- Lord Arailt of Dinsmoor, Exchequer
- Viscountess Marion Leoncina da Susa, Minister of Arts and Sciences
- Viscountess Marion Leoncina da Susa, Chatelain
- al-sayida Altani Bayar Vashir, Deputy Chatelain
- Viscount Elazar of Northumbria, Knights Marshall (pending)
- Lord Tor Olafsson, Archery Marshall
- The Norse Cooper, Web Minister
- al-sayida Altani Bayar Vashir, Social Media Officer