Barony of Caer Mear
The Barony of Caer Mear is a Barony in the Kingdom of Atlantia. Mundanely, Caer Mear encompasses the greater Richmond, Virginia area as well as points north toward Fredericksburg, south past Fort Lee and Petersburg, east toward Williamsburg, and west to Scottsville.
The Barony of Caer Mear, in existence since January 14, 1978 (AS 12), is proud to boast its lineage as the second oldest Barony in the Kingdom of Atlantia.
Caer Mear's events include Ruby Joust, held at the end of May, as well as Caer Mear Yule, held in December.
The arms of Caer Mear, as registered with the SCA College of Arms in November of 1979, are blazoned as follows: “Per fess gules and azure, in pale a triple-towered castle argent, portaled and lighted Or, and a bezant charged with a laurel wreath and surmounted by a sword proper.”
The Caer Mear populace badge, as registered in March of 1982, is blazoned as follows: “Per fess gules and azure, a tower within a mascle argent.”
- The arms of the College of Yarnvid, as registered in June of 1995, are blazoned as follows: “Argent, a harp reversed sable within a laurel wreath vert, on a chief sable three goblets argent.” The populace badge, as registered in June of 1998, is blazoned as follows: "(Fieldless) Three goblets conjoined in pall inverted, bowls to center, sable."
- The arms of the Canton of Rivers Point, as registered in August of 2001, are blazoned as follows: “Or, a pall wavy purpure in chief a tower sable overall a laurel wreath vert.”
- The arms of the Canton of Caer Gelynniog, as registered in October of 2001, are blazoned as follows: “Purpure, on a tower argent a laurel wreath vert on a chief argent three apples vert.” The populace badge, as registered in March of 2011, is blazoned as follows: "Argent, a tower purpure between two apples in fess and an apple in base vert and on a chief purpure three broadarrows argent."
- Umbonis Ferrei Ordo (UFO)
- The Order of La Bris de Mer
- The Order of the Pharos
- The Order of the Cornerstone (Caer Mear)
- The Baroness' Award of Courtesy (Caer Mear)
- The Baron's Award of Excellence (Caer Mear)
- The Baronial Order of Caer Mear
- The Merlon of Caer Mear
- The Order of the Portcullis of Caer Mear
- Archery Champion: Vytautas Vilkas
- Armored Combat Champion: Lady Eyja Feilan
- Arts and Sciences Champion: Lady Osa the Archer
- Rapier Combat Champion: Master William Cameron
Barony of Caer Mear home page: